As a health conscious person, my goal is to minimize toxin exposure. It’s not possible to completely eliminate our exposure to contaminants, but any effort to lessen contact with them is usually a good idea, especially while pregnant. Below are some of the products I’m currently using throughout my pregnancy.
- Belly oil – organic coconut oil. I don’t have a specific brand; I just buy wherever is convenient when necessary as long as it’s organic. So far I have no stretch marks (currently 34 weeks pregnant).
- Deodorant – I rarely use deodorant (maybe once or twice a month) but when I do I use Tom’s of Maine Deep Forest stick.
- Shampoo – Avalon Organics Scalp Treatment Tea Tree is my brand of choice and it is EWG verified.
- Makeup – I don’t wear much makeup but mascara is my go to product and I like Ilia.
- Sunscreen – I love this tinted formula for my face. All Good Mineral Sunscreen Lotion, Tinted. Their regular sunscreen is great too.
- Body wash- Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Castile liquid soap.
- Cleaning kitchen counters – I use either baking soda or diluted (with water) Cleancult liquid hand soap (blue sage).
- Liquid hand soap for kitchen and bathrooms – Cleancult liquid hand soap (blue sage).
Of course this list may not work for everyone, so a good resource to check out when in doubt is EWG database. If you use disposable panty liners, there are many organic brands that are more affordable (especially when purchased online). I don’t color my hair or paint my nails while pregnant. If you do, try to apply products in a well ventilated area.
You can purchase some of the items on this list here.